- “Personal Data” refers to data that directly or indirectly identify you. Examples are your name and (e-mail) address and/or other contact details as the case may be.
- “Processing” refers to any acts that can be performed in relation to personal data. These may include collection, but also storage, use and removal of your personal data from our records.
- “Service” refers to the services that we provide through this Site, including our Site itself.
- “Site” refers to our website, www.bcdgoup.com including all directly related websites.
- “User” refers to you and anyone who uses our Service, including contest participants, and general visitors to our Site.
Types of personal data we collect and process
We collect certain personal data from you when you use our site and/or sign up to our Service that can be used to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and any other (non-sensitive) personal data that we deem necessary for the purpose of providing you with our Service or which you provide to us voluntarily.
Sensitive data are special types of personal data, for example concerning physical health, racial or ethnic data. We will process sensitive data only if so required by law, with your consent or at your request. If you decide to disclose such data yourself we will only process them if that is necessary for the service.
Processing of your personal data
We use your personal data collected in order to:
- maintain contact with you (i.e. to send you relevant e-mails about our Site or respond to your inquiries).
- perform statutory obligations and/or legal requirements.
- for archiving purposes.
Disclosures of your personal data
In order to carry out the service outlined above, your personal data will be disclosed for the purposes set out above to and shared with appropriate staff in BCD Group and our entities and offices. If we would wish to use your personal data for a purpose other than that for which they were originally processed, we may only do so if the two purposes are closely related. In performing the service we may outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties.
Please note that whenever we engage with third parties or provide your personal data to third party service providers required for the performance of the service, we oblige such third party to protect your personal data with appropriate security measures and prohibit this third party from using your personal data for own purposes or from disclosing your personal data to others, other than on a need to know basis only. Your personal data will not be sold or hired out for commercial purposes.
Accessing, editing and removing of your personal data
You may exercise your right to inquire about the personal data we maintain about you pursuant to the service by sending us a written request. However we may not disclose data that you are not entitled to receive under applicable laws as the case may be. If you become aware of any inaccuracy in the processing of your personal data you may also request that we correct or stop processing personal data that we hold about you hereunder by sending us a written request. Any changes will be made within a reasonable time period and in accordance with applicable laws.
Read more about cookies and how we use them.
We make every reasonable effort in accordance with industry standard to ensure the integrity and security of our site, network and linked systems. Nevertheless we cannot guarantee, ensure or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorized activity in view of your personal data. If a password is used to protect your personal data, it is your responsibility to keep it confidential.
Your questions and comments
Last update: 12 March 2015